Water Damage Abatement
When disaster strikes, delay in response time can cost thousands of dollars in loss of inventory, property and additional living expenses. Without quick and skilled restoration services, water damaged items become non-salvageable, costing you thousands of dollars in replacement costs. Environmental Mold Services (EMS) can cut your replacement costs. We accomplish your cost savings by using proper drying techniques that restore soaked structural materials to their original condition. EMS also works to prevent future moisture problems and protect the unaffected areas from humidity damage. These techniques will save inventories such as; carpeting, furniture, documents, electronics; as well as inhibit growth of mold, mildew, bacteria and other harmful pathogens.
Steps In The Water Damage Process:
- Thorough inspection using state of the art moisture detection equipment.
- Contents protection and moving.
- Extraction of water.
- Assess the flooring materials and determine best restoration method.
- Ventilate wall cavities to expedite the drying process.
- Removal of drywall (only when necessary).
- Clean and sanitize affected area (depending on source of water).
- Determine the most effective drying equipment to use.
- Set up drying equipment.
- Monitor drying equipment daily to quickly dry the space.
- Remove drying equipment after verifying that the affected
materials have reached a normal moisture content.