The Dangers of Black Mold: Why You Should Never Remove It Yourself

Mold spores can cause a variety of health problems, from allergies to infections, to lung problems. In some situations, mold can even be fatal. However, none of these health problems are as frightening as the thought of having black mold in your home.

What Makes Black Mold so Dangerous to Your Home and Health?

The most dangerous of the molds is black mold, known scientifically as Stachybotrys chartarum. Mainly found in areas where the water damage has occurred, it can be distinguished by its black color, which you might notice on drywall and ceiling tiles. 

While commonly found in basements and other basement rooms, black mold is not only unsightly but can be very dangerous to your health. When you breathe in the microscopic spores of black mold, they enter the body through the lungs. 

The body’s immune system then goes to work to protect you by producing antibodies to fight off the mold. This is when black mold starts to present health problems.

What are the Health Risks of Black Mold Exposure?

People who have regular exposure to black mold, either at work or at home, are more likely to develop problems with their lungs, nose, throat, and skin than people who do not. People with weak immune systems are also at risk of developing serious infections as a result of black mold exposure. Black mold can cause certain types of asthma, as well as:

  • Cardiac arrest
  • Chronic sinus infections
  • Congestive heart failure
  • Headaches
  • Hearing loss
  • Skin infections
  • Rashes
  • Serious skin reactions
  • Severe nasal problems
  • Sinus infections
  • Metabolic changes

Some of these problems can be fatal. But when black mold is found in your home, your primary concern is the health of your family.

Why You Should Never DIY the Removal of Black Mold in Your Home

The seriousness of black mold in your home makes it clear that you shouldn’t try to handle it on your own. Black mold can cause significant health problems and even death.

You can’t always identify black mold by sight, so you may not be aware that you have it. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean that it isn’t there. Mold spores can be found everywhere, and they are very small. They can be in the air, so it’s very easy to breathe them in.

Unfortunately, DIY removal of black mold can cause even more problems. Black mold is far more difficult to remove than other types of molds. It can best be removed by professionals who have the necessary technological equipment and requisite experience in dealing with it.

The Bottom Line: Why It’s Better to Let Professionals Handle Your Black Mold

The health risks of black mold exposure can be severe, and black mold is very difficult to remove. The best way to deal with it is to hire a professional mold removal service to evaluate your home and remove the mold.

Are You Looking for a Mold Consulting Firm in the USA?

Our mold remediation solutions have focus on removing mold without exposing you or your family to the health risks of having it in your home. If you’ve found signs of mold in your home and want to know what you can do about it, contact our mold consulting firm in the USA today.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *