Dehumidifiers designed for commercial use protect your property from the damaging effects of water. Water damage can develop naturally in high humidity situations over time or due to catastrophic system failures.
Regardless of the cause, commercial-grade structural dehumidification services are required to preserve both life and property in the following situations.
Mildew and Mold
Mold and mildew can harm your building’s structure and aggravate respiratory diseases such as allergies and asthma.
While bleach can treat small areas of mold and mildew infestation, it’s a different story when it spreads over a bigger region. To completely remove mold, you will need to contact professionals.
Mold and mildew will damage your valuables if moisture problems are not addressed immediately. To quickly address moisture issues, rent or buy a dehumidifier or call for commercial mold remediation solutions.
You have a moisture problem if you regularly notice condensation on pipes, ceilings, floors, or walls. Furthermore, if you own a home in a flood-prone area where puddles of water from every time it rains heavily, moisture will almost certainly be an ongoing issue. One efficient strategy to protect your property is buying or hiring a business dehumidifier.
Water Damage Signs
After some time, water and moisture can corrode and degrade everything. If your property exhibits any of the following signs, it may be time to invest in a commercial dehumidifier.
- Damage to the structure of your building
- Rotting wood
- Rusty and corroding metals
- Stained drywall
- Sagging ceiling
- Buckled or warped wood floors
- Stuck doors
- Soggy objects
If you don’t handle the moisture problem straight away, the damage can be very costly to repair.
If your building has a musty stench, it’s a sign that there’s too much moisture in there. It might aggravate respiratory problems and negatively impact clients that enter your building.
Infestation With Pests
For pesky pests, a restricted, damp environment is ideal. Intruders can get access to your building through damaged walls or floors. This creates yet another nasty problem, as these rodents can leave droppings, munch on the substance of your foundation, and do significant damage to your property.
Dehumidification has several advantages, including:
- Prevents Mold Growth: Mold thrives in dark, moist, and humid conditions. As a result, mold growth on your property is common following water-related calamities. Dehumidification prevents mold from growing and inhaling hazardous mycotoxins, protecting the occupants in your house or workplace.
- Improves Structural Drying: Structural drying is another important aspect of repairing water damage. The dehumidification process accelerates this process, protecting your commercial or residential property’s structural integrity and making it safer for people to return sooner rather than later.
- Measures Overall Humidity Levels: Technicians use hygrometers to measure the overall humidity of your property during dehumidification on all tasks. This allows us to supply you with precise data as your property dries and a broad picture of how humid your home or business is and which areas are the most problematic.
Contact a structural dehumidification service for a free consultation if you see any red flags. The professionals will help you decide whether to buy or rent a portable dehumidifier to solve your moisture problem right away.
Since its founding in 2001, Environmental Mold has been a leading full-service mold and indoor air quality consulting organization specializing in indoor air quality inspections/consulting services and expert mold removal. We offer commercial and residential mold remediation services, property evaluations, structural dehumidification, repair cost estimates, and interpretation of third-party procedures and project management from start to finish. Contact us today!